It's been a bit since our last update, so here we go...
Greggy-poo! By the way, he hates that nickname:) Over Thanksgiving Greg had nose surgery. For years he has had problems breathing, feels tired all the time and has horrible headaches. So we finally got frustrated enough with all the medicine the doctors were throwing at us and went to see an ear, nose and throat doctor. Long story somewhat short. He has too much tissue in his nose which causes him to feel like he is breathing through straws and his cartilage was crooked. His surgery went well, but the doctor had to take out more than he thought he would, so it was a bit more painful. We had a few rough days afterwards. Lots of blood...and for those of you who don't know...I DON'T DO BLOOD! But in the last few days Greg has been feeling a bit better. He hasn't been able to fly since his surgery, until today. For almost two weeks he was home everynight. I can't tell you how wonderful that was. It was so great to spend the evenings and dinner together as a family. Momma and Jett were very happy:) He is still a bit conjested during the day and nighttime doesn't go so well. Greg can't sleep because he can't breathe well and I can't sleep because Greg's breathing sounds like an earthquake (love ya honey)! We know we need to be patient and hopefully his check-up this week will give us the answers we are looking for.
The prego. I'm doing well. I'm gaining weight like it's a race and the baby has been enjoying my ribs. Actually I feel really good and I am very blessed at this point. With Jarrett I had horrible back pain and so far I haven't had much at all! The baby is very active, which I hope it isn't a sign for what is to come:) The update for me is that after much prayer and the push of feeling like I'm going crazy, I have decided to step down from my leadership with our children's church for six months. I really enjoy it, but it is time for a break. I have been doing it for almost six years now and just need some time to go to church and be fed. So after the New Year I am done until July, unless God has other plans for me. So to explain the adorable picture above, Jarrett loves to help me in the kitchen. When I make dinner he wants to get up on the counter and help...or eat as I prepare. Isn't he so cute. Oh my goodness, I have the two most handsome men in my life:)
Jettster! Seeing that I blog about Jarrett everytime there isn't much of an update on this cutie-pie. This picture is of Jett playing in my bandana with the lint roller. You ask, does he ever play with toys?...obviously not:) He loves Christmas...he is truly my child. Every morning the first thing he does is run over the Christmas tree and say "on!" Jett also has a best friend, his name is Wesley, and they have so much fun together. His parents are friends of ours so it's been so much fun seeing them grow up together, but in the last couple months they have become buds. We were over at their house last night and the boys played hard for three hours. They would chase each other around the house, rough-house together and oh my did they laugh. The four of us just sat and laughed at them...and of course they totally fed off that and tried to be even more funny. Kids are great! They are a lot of work, but there are just those days, those hugs, and those smiles, that make it all worth it.
2 comments:
So cute natalie. Jett is adorable. Oh and by the way I am praying that God doesn't have something else in store for you. I am signing on for a brief six months. hehe. So glad Greg is feeling a little better. Thanks for doing lunch on Sunday.
OH my goodness.. that pic of Jett in the do-rag had me smiling! It's been a week since I've seen him.. way too long. =/
Such a fun update, Nat!
Post a Comment